Quick question... will a V6 six speed fit on a 2.4JTD 10v - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Quick question... will a V6 six speed fit on a 2.4JTD 10v

Yes or no will suffice...
Sure it's been asked before but there is a more complicated task that I have been given by a family member
Two cars, both 156 of similar age... One, a Q-system auto V6 SW like mine, but with a snapped cambelt but excellent body and floor
One 10v 2.4JTD with a lunched 5spd gearbox, slipping clutch and warped NS driveshaft... the floor isn't too good but engine and ancilliaries are fit as a fiddle...

Plan if it can be done is to remove the engine from the Q-system completely and relative ancilliaries like engine loom, clocks ecu etc. and replace with the JTD engine, making a Q-system auto 2.4JTD 10V for my father in law who is struggling with gearchanges due to arthritis.
If a six speed manual will go on there should be no reason why the Q-system wont, same bell housing as far as i can tell with both on the ramps
Your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
Membro Premio
County: Bratislavsky
It might work on the hardware fitting side, but I see bigger issues than bolting things together.

- gear ratios will be too short for a diesel
- I really really doubt you can make the Q sytem gearbox ECU talk to the 2,4 JTD ECU and cooperate and even if they did by miracle communicate the gearbox ECU is programmed to shift at some revs and with some logic that would not be usable with a diesel...
The complete wiring from JTD would probably make the engine start and run in the V6 car but the gearbox would not be able to be connected to this loom and you would not move.

There was a 2,4 diesel with 5 speed auto box in 166 but I am not sure about mounting points of this gearbox to 156 chassis and subframe...

147GTA,Grigio Metallico,Imola leather, 3.75l conversion,F360 TB,ported heads,Balduzzi cams,GTV manifolds,EQ pipes,Supersprint silenced cat back,18" GT multispokes,KW V3,Galfer 6pot 355mm,Brembo sport rear, Blaupunk NewYork 800 + Focal

147 1.6TS, Nerro,Beige Interior,Galfer Extreme Brake kit,2,0TS intake manifold,Custom ex. manifold,200CPI cat,Supersprint silenced center + OO backbox,GTA spoiler,GTA side skirts,GTA headlights,Blaupunkt LA MP74 + Focal + MacAudio + Dynamat + HERZ subwoofer
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Anything is possible with enough time, money and skill. I think you would need huge amounts of all three to make this work.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

10v , 24jtd , fit , question , quick , speed