back on the alfa trail....question about seats - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 28-01-12 Thread Starter
County: West Yorkshire
back on the alfa trail....question about seats

Evening all

been a while since i signed up but been creeping on the boards again as finances and a tired car now mean I can look at *finally* taking the alfa plunge.

Called into to have a look today, tried a Brera first but try as I might I'm just a bit too big to be comfortable in it, shame as its a gorgeous car.

The dealer also had a GT Cloverleaf in, I'd given up on the GT as despite yearning for one the last one i sat in my head was touching the roof and the other half said no

Glutton for punishment I asked the dealer for the key, lowered the seat, pushed it back and bliss, enough headroom extremely comfortable and a spot on driving position (not bad, at 6'5 and too many stone few cars are instantly comfortable for me, the last been my Volvo which is why I bought it!)

sadly the one in the dealer wasn't great, very untidy, fur growing in the boot, broken bonnet release and too many rusty bolts for my taste but booked a test drive next weekend to confirm I'm comfortable in it. (wants 11k for it too! )

anyway my question is, given the difference between the Cloverleaf and the last one I tried is there a major difference with the seats? were they revised for this model with more adjustment or a different design? if so then I'll have to see if I can stretch to a Cloverleaf as now I know I fit i doubt I can walk away from owning one again, I'm running out of excuses to tell myself

appreciate any responses, never known such a friendly and helpful forum so know I'll be put right soon enough

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Looking at this:

The New Alfa GT Cloverleaf Series

Seems to imply that it has unique sports seats....I don't know for sure but that's the impression I get.

I'm sure someone one with more knowledge will be alone shortly
Both my 155 and 156 have allowed the drivers seat to go very low and give loads of headroom so hope all are the same. go see another one locally and you'll see quick enough if enough room even if it's not the gt you want to buy
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

G Veloce MA 170

I believe that if you have any of the special edition (q2, blackline or QV) you get sports seats, but I think they are on the same runners and same options as all GT seats, so whilst they are probably firmer/ more body hugging, any model should have the same adjustments available...
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Same seats i think in cloverleaf v non-cloverleaf (besides pattern etc)

felt the same when i test drove one
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 29-01-12 Thread Starter
County: West Yorkshire
thanks guys, nice to hear that the one i tried all those months ago might just have been dodgy. I have some time off this week so think I'll take mr-mac's advice and go round the local dealers and try sit in a few before Saturdays drive.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , back , seats , trailquestion