Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Henley on Thames
After much research I'm going to see if the garage will re-thread the hole as suggested.
I have no idea how much damage has been done to the hub thread, so seems the best 1st option.
Fingers crossed.. I'll update tom, but bet they say 'sorry mate we don't do things like that'
If no success, I'm visiting my partners parents in a couple of weeks and her dads a bit of a mr fixit, so will present him with the helicoil set and leave him to it.
Overall, really pleased with the new car, I knew it had a lot of problems but have spent the last 2 days rectifying, so thanks to my old man for letting me use his drive and tools;
- New Brake pads and discs.
- New Fuel and Oil filter.
- Used white grease on clutch pedal mechanism, no more creaking.. hooray
- Horn now works
- Oil changed
- New uprated silicon Turbo hose
- Replaced blown brake light.
- Completley cleaned bonnet catch and greased - found out why I got the 2nd beep on alarm = micro switch had been damaged.
- Greased door and boot hinges. Greased gear change linkage.
- Cleaned engine bay.
Nearly finished, 4 new tyres tom and cambelt and water pump on Monday.
Not bad for a £2900 2007 147 collezione JTD
Alfaowner 2008/09 Fantasy Football Champion