Not sure if this is a good forum to ask this question so bare with me.
I have 156 JTS 2.0 (facelift) and I love it However, down in New Zealand it is hard to get parts for those as there aren't many around. Dealers charge triple and wreckers charge pretty much same $$ for used parts that dealers want for new.
- Window regulator (used from wreckers - around $150 - new one from ebay $140 - both including shipping)
- Engine under cover (new from dealer $500 plastic, $360 used from wreckers, $55 from ebay + shipping though)
- Infocenter from dealer $1,000, wreckers never heard of it.
So as you can see I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have pretty much listed all things I would like to replace (for now)
- Steering wheel (leather has split from the sun - it is still fine to use its just the top of the steering wheel is coming off so it almost feels like my steering wheel has horns )
- LCD infocenter (fades away from the sun - not a major priority)
- Rear right window regulator (i can hear it click but window aint moving - could it be blocked?)
- Rear left window is quite slow, could be on its way out.
- Engine under cover
Probably much more to come with time. However apart from ebay I do not have any access to place where I could easily get parts with prices for shipping. Does membership to alfaownerclub give you any discount or special privileges?
Note: I have posted this thread twice. Can moderator please remove the one from car detailing. Sorry!