156 V6 Clutch replacment / workshop manual - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 23-01-12 Thread Starter
County: Genève

Member car:

Audi TT

Hmmm 156 V6 Clutch replacment / workshop manual

I'm in the process of trying to replace the clutch on a 156 V6 (1999).

We embarked on this yesterday, but the only workshop instruction we had was a Russian which my friend had found (yes he speaks Russian).
As we started there were some things i found bizzare- like the instruction requiring the front bumper to be removed, but not the radiator. Then as we got deeper we realised that it was not very clear on certain key parts of the procedure, like:
- If the subframe needed to be removed? (looks like it would foul the gearbox removal)
- Which suspension bits need to be removed
- If and how the intermediate shaft is removed with the GB or before.

I got he LHS drive flange bolts out with some difficulty, but the access to the RHS ones id much more limited and on the first bolt the hex drive twisted out damaging the bolt head.

At that point we decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and commenced reassembly without having done the clutch.

So.. What i really need is a trustworthy account of what to remove and how, or a decent workshop manual.

Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Decent workshop manual ... oh I wish. Well you could try EB Spares, but their paper version was in several volumes and each volume lots of £££s ... Alfa Romeo 156 Workshop Manuals

Otherwise you need elearn, which is the Alfa/Fiat service manual on CD .. which obviously needs a PC or laptop to run it. Problem is, that isn't as comprehensive as it could be and has gaps and errors .. mainly where it was badly translated from Italian to English and also the conversion from the older DTE software.

Have you tried a search on here? We try and write "How-To's", etc to help each other ... and often a thread becomes a how-to during it's life!!

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
AO Gold Member
County: Principe

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , clutch , manual , replacment , workshop