156- Changing dashboard lights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

156- Changing dashboard lights

Hi all,

A couple of months in and loving my 156 (00 model)- no real problems to report as she had been so well looked after before I picked her up. However, I do have a couple of niggles...

The light behind one of the heater control knobs has kicked the bucket. Also, the top half of the rev counter binnacle is very dark compared to the bottom. So I suspect there is a bulb gone in there too. Although- sometimes the whole unit is in darkness and a sharp thump to the binnacle sorts it out, so it could be a loose connection issue...

Anyway- has anybody here had any experience getting at these units? They look quite difficult to take apart... What kind of tools/time/level of patience would I be looking at?

I could just ignore all this, as they don't affect anything really- I just notice it when it's dark and it kinda bugs me a little bit!

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Rev-counter takes only a minute or so to remove, so that's easy - its just one screwat the top to remove the cowl, pull it out, and you'll see two screws at the bottom - remove those and you can wriggle the counter out enough to unlug the connectors and check it out.....

Getting at the bulbs in the centre console is a lot more work....remove the stereo and undo two screws and two allen screws in the radio aperture, take out the ashtray inner and remove two screws in there, to remove the whole ashtray assembly, remove the gear lever gaiter and undo the 2 or 3 screws under there, pull off the outer rings of the heater knobs....and I think that;s about it - you should be able to remove the centre console...then you can unscrew the four screws holding the central instruments to get at the bulbs if they have gone, and similarly unscrew the heater control panel.....

I'd live with it!

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , changing , dashboard , lights