New here new to alfa needing a little guidence - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-01-12 Thread Starter
County: Shropshire

Member car:

VW - T5 :()

New here new to alfa needing a little guidence

Hi all
We are about to buy our 1st Alfa it being a 147 Deisel. Our prefference would be a 3 door 6 speed 140bhp or is it 150 realy not sure I go on 5 speed 0r 6 with the latter being the bigger BHP. The approx year is 2005/6 facelift period of which I have looked at two so far, the first I didn't study it to much but the second (160bhp guy told me) was realy heavy on the clutch the gear stick was stiff with massive moves to select and a fairly rattley engine
I work in engineering so I am not totally out my league but am I right to think that all used 70k milers are not all like this - or are they?

Going to have a good luck at a 06 115 brake tomorrow anyone got any pointers - should I hold out for the 6 speed 150?

I will take time to study as much on the site as I can but any other help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

i have a 115bhp 147 on an 05 plate it's pre facelift ( which i personally prefer - each to their own obviously ) the clutch to me doesn't feel heavy at all and the gears are lovely and smooth and mine has 104k on the clock and going strong, it pulls like a train and feels easily a match to my brothers BMW 320 CD which is officially 150 bhp, the 115 bhp cruises nicely at 70ishmph averaging around 55mpg on a run and has plenty of power for zipping around town and motorway driving too

Last edited by Chocoboy; 20-01-12 at 09:39.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , guidence , needing