Our GT = FUBAR - Page 8 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 166

Just goes to show that there are so many parts that make up an engine and that if one of those fails then everything falls apart. Its a real shame that the issue from powder coating and now the liners have come into play.

Its one of those things I guess and I'm happy to have a cheapy Twink spark that you can get for peanuts. Mine is pretty good on the oil - so much so on 10w60 that i'm swapping back to 5w40 for summer.

I've been happy to read how everything has been handled and glad everyones worked towards a solution rather than bickering and petty working ethics to try cut down on cost.

Think if my engine decided to spit a piston ring out i'd opt for a cheeky 2.0 upgrade. But since the 1.6 is going so well I have no desire unless something terminal happens.

I hope getting the liners fixed, straightened and honed is the last issue you get engine wise and then the GT can do what it does best. Put a smile on your face.

I'll bear autolusso in mind when I need some work doing that my feeble hands can not cope with.

Alfa 166 2.0 Twinnie - LPG and a few trick performance parts
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Zürich

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
There is, I think auto correct buggered up your post those (either that or you're on the tramadol & Diazapam like me).

There was a problem with the cylinder block liners. Not machined correctly leading to high oil usage.

Problem identified & proactively dealt with by Autolusso
Surely when you rebuilt an engine you measure everything twice, especially if you use non standard engine parts. The only people that can build without measuring everything is the factory production line. If i was you i would e really ****ed off having had the engine rebuilt three times by the same garage with no success. Obviously their engine building process is not thorough enough or it lacks the necessary experties. Have you considered taking the car somewhere else? There seems to be a developing trend of Autolusso rebuilt problematic engines. I don't understand why people keep going back for more and also in all that praise how well Autolusso is handling the issue. I really dont understand this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT