So, picture the scene....
6am start,with a cold wet drive to Manchester in the trusty Alfa over Woodhead pass. Fun me thinks
, as I set off bleary eyed, hoping that my drive will be as entertaining as last time (long story - don't ask!
20 mins into the journey the following things happened:
1. Outside temp reading went crazy and read -45 degrees C.
2. Engine temp went up to 100 degrees C on the gauge. (got VERY hot in the cabin)
3. Recirc fan died in an attempt to rid the engine of heat.
4. Drivers electric window got stuck in the half down position.
5. Air con packed up and refused to work.
6. External lights dimmed and brightened randomly.
7. Ran out of water for the wash wipe.
And the final insult.........
8. Was overtaken by a T reg Chaved up Saxo..........
What the hell is going on???!!!! This is a 9 month old car, with 9K on the odometer.
Got to the customer late and very pi55ed off. He was understanding and gave my car that 'looks nice, but wouldn't trust it as far as I could kick it' look.
Now I'm an ardent fan of Alfas and really wouldn't change it for the world. Having driven many over the past few years, it's the car of choice for me time and time again. But why oh why can they not build cars that work?
I've contacted the dealer this afternoon and they had no clues. (no surprise there then!!)
The worse bit is that arriving home just now, the sodding car is acting like everything is ok. EVERYTHING WORKS AGAIN!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
I'm going to look such a tw4t going to the garage tomorrow.