Selespeed start moving problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Cry Like A Baby Selespeed start moving problem

This is my first post here and english is not my language so I beg your pardon formerly.

I Have a 156 SW selespeed from 03/2000 with no problems at all in 110.000 Km but through the last 5.000 Km i have a problem while driving in a traffic jam. You can drive as many kilometres as you want on open road with no problems at all, but when you get into a traffic jam you get into problems which gets worst as you drive and they do not fix until you let the car rest for a while.

The first thing you notice is when you are stopped in a traffic ligth and select first gear you feel it doesn't engage as easy as normal. Then as you keep driving throug the city, when you press the throlle to start moving the car begans to release the clucth and press it again in a fast way as if you where in a driving school car in your first leason and the only way to avoid this and start moving is to press the throlle more than you would like and make the tires sleep. If you keep driving the next thing it happens is when you are stopped again in a traffic light if you select 1st gear then car sometimes tries to move by itself without having pressed the throle until it stalls as the engine doesn't revs up because no one has tell it to do.

I am a friend of the guys at the alfa garage and i have no complain at all of them. Whe change the selespeed oil and the clucth position sensor and the clucth itself and the actuator has no oil leakege. Whe do all the selftest and adjust that the examiner lets do. My car has not fitted sw version 4407, but i don't thing it's related as i did 110.000 Km with no problem, but i would agree to fit it if it could fix the problem.

I'll appreciate your help as i am really proud with my car and i would like to drive it again, but we are desperate with it now
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: Selespeed start moving problem

Mine is a 99 sele and I bought it second hand, first owner had a whole history of mishaps with the selespeed and almost everything in the sele department has been renewed. I have the car now for over a year (78k) and it is a gem ! speed changing is smooth and the only thing is that the car does not like traffic jams (neither do I) slow driving is a bit jumpy.... but I can live with that... Alfas are not made for slow traffic.

Maybe the software upgrade will solve your problem , funny that the garage did not implement that, I got a letter from the dealer to have it checked and it was installed already.

Rarebear 'fastest piston engine airplane in the world' 4000 hp twinspark (!) radial engine.
Thta's what we call an ENGINE>>>>

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

moving , problem , selespeed , start