GT Door handle replacement - thanks Pub! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 09-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Western Isles

Member car:

Alfa Red GT Q2

Thumbs Up GT Door handle replacement - thanks Pub!

Just replaced the driver's side door handle. Big thanks to Pubsinger for his excellent step by step guide

I managed it without removing the window so it can be done that way. My flex head ratchet spanner helped!

One bit of info to add is that the lock just pushes into the new handle - I used the key to push it into place. There is no need to remove the screws from the handle.

I also found it easier to attach both wire links to the handle and feed them into the door together as I doubt if I would have managed to connect the top with the glass in the way.

I had taken the easy option of buying an inside handle plug with the new outside handle - the dealer did not stock the top plug and needless to say it snapped - despite using fine nose pliers to try to squeeze the two parts together!

"When you sit in a Focus RS or a Golf R32 itís like sitting in a commercial for Lynx aftershave. When you sit in an 147 GTA itís like sitting in a Venetianís hand-made suitcase." J.Clarkson 2003.

Current fleet: 156 Sportwagon jtd 16V (facelift) 2.4 Spider, Leon Cupra SC
Projects: Spider S4, Matra Murena 2.2

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

door , handle , pub , replacement