Xenon headlamp alignemnt for Europe driving (GT) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-01-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

Alfa 166 2.0 TS

Xenon headlamp alignemnt for Europe driving (GT)

I'm going to be driving my new GT on the continent (France only) next week and need to know how to adjust the headlamps so that I don't blind all on-coming traffic.

I assume that with Xenons you don't put a sticker on the lens, so where is the adjuster located? I'm only asking because I was supplied a 147 owner's manual instead of a GT manual, and that has no mention of headlamp adjustment of Xenons, only sticker positions for regular halogens. The replacement manual has not yet arrived in the post so I thought I'd ask here incase Royal Mail lets me down.

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 51
Re: Xenon headlamp alignemnt for Europe driving (GT)

I ve been over a few times, and put skickers on the lights!
Halfords sell a sticker pack (it is expensive at about 6) of 2 circular stickers. I just parked my GTA up against the garage door, then using my hand, identified where I needed to stick the stcker (on the passenger side headlight) so as to block the correct bit of the beam. I then stuck the sticker on. (I did NOT stick anything on the drivers side headlight as this didnt "stick out" on the offending side). The Halfords pack does have instructions for Alfas but not for xenons.
I bought the Halfords ones (I think the brand is Eurolights) because I thought they would be easier to remove as they are designed for this, I suppose you could use any black tape, although you might risk the glue melting. I didnt have any problems getting them off.
I drove at night and got zero flashes from anyone thinking I had my full beams on!
AO Member
Re: Xenon headlamp alignemnt for Europe driving (GT)

I've taken mine abroad twice.

The manual says adjustment can only be done by your dealer. Asking Cleveley Cars to do it was not something I was prepared to risk. After all I'd be right in France etc but i'd be wrong from home to Dover.

I ordered the Alfa Romeo converters for my car stipulating that they had to be the right type for the Xenons. no problem sir!

When they came they were clearly for the conventional ights and a made a fuss and got a refund.

So I did nothing except minimised my use of lights. Sidelights and fog lights was adequate in twilight conditions.

On the basis of past experience, sticking things on the lights on a trial and error basis is best I feel.

The cheapest solution is black masking tape. 50p a reel and enough for ten trips.

Andy Bowden
current cars
156 GTA Selespeed Saloon bought new
2014 Mito QV TCT
On order
Giulia Quadrifoglio Auto
Past cars
Alfasud, Giulietta 2.0, 75 TS, 75 3.0 QV x2, 156 2.0 Selespeed
and just to show I'm not totally addicted to Alfas - 1972 Lotus Elan, 1968 Mini Cooper S

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alignemnt , driving , europe , headlamp , xenon