156 2.5 V6 ECU re-map - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 2.5 V6 ECU re-map

Does anyone have any experience of having their V6 re-mapped?. I am thinking about having this done to my 2001 Sportwagon. I have been in touch with Angel Tuning in Leamington Spa - very helpful but any user experience would be great.

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.5 V6

Re: 156 2.5 V6 ECU re-map

i had mine done but by squadra tuning, not angel. from what i hear angel is a quality product, too.

there reason i went with squadra is that they are the only one that i know off that mate the ECU remap with the fatter 45mm intake runners from the 166/GTA for a claimed 20hp gain. the 45mm runners come as a complete kit from squadra. it costs a little more than the other remaps but is well worth it, imho.

i got better torque throughout the rev range from the remap. power in the upper rev range is improved too. one thing to note when it comes to power gain is that ur not gonna get a turbo-like kick just from a remap in an N/A car. where there used to be power there's now just more of it. throttle response was greatly improved tho, and the squadra remap also played around with my [q-system] gearchanges, make them smoother and quicker. the 45mm runners also changed the engine note, making it deeper and gruntier and more 3.0 V6 sounding.

Electricity comes from electrons; morality comes from morons.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , ecu , remap