any ideas ??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
any ideas ???

I think my car knows shes going in january, cos shes giving up little problems every now and again in a bid for some attention, the latest one is an " engine oil low pressure " on the dash but when i dipped it last night it was between the max and min marks so just to be sure brought the level to the max mark. still I get the above warning , has anyone had a similar problem. what could it be was hoping that its just a faulty switch, should I leave her parked up or is it alright to drive.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: any ideas ???

The standard "low oil pressure" warnings are set so low that the warning is really: "no oil pressure"

It could just be a faulty sensor but it is located on the back of the engine block, so not easy to get to.
On the other hand the oil pump may have failed...
AO Member
County: Victoria

Member car:

Brera 1750Tbi Ti

If you got those messages on the onslaught of stalling the car....then its normal.

what are the chances that its the oil pump thats gone would this be common in alfas, and if its gone would the temp guage on the dash show a big change in its reading , mine always sits on 90 deg and has not moved above that. would i be able to tell if the pump is gone or will the engine just seize and then i'll know the pumps gone.

Dodgy oil filter? First service and I was told the oil filter that had been removed was a "fake" original. It was orange in colour with AR logos on it. Prior to the service I did occasionally have the low oil pressure warning just flash on the screen when driving slow - not near stalling though. Since changing the oil and filter, its been okay.

The orange filter's build quality gave it away as a fake - just in case the real deal is also orange in colour.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT