GT 3.2 Koni / Eibach suspension mod - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 17-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset
GT 3.2 Koni / Eibach suspension mod

I know there are a few threads on the Koni / Eibach suspension mod, but I'm interested to hear from anyone who has done the mod specifically to a GT 3.2

Was it definitely a worthwhile improvement? Did you try it with and without the Eibach ARB mod and if so, is the ARB mod essential if doing the suspension mod? Did the inherent lowering of the car cause any problems with speed bumps? Were there any negatives at all about the mods?

As you can probably tell, I'm seriously considering the upgrade, mostly to improve the ride on less than perfect roads.

Thanks for any comments
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

experience of 156 with eibach roll bar on standard suspension,handling is transformed then with kw adv absolute go cart and smooth even over roughest roads
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

I have a GT JTD, and i have spent a fair amount of time on this subject. My car has koni fsd/eibach and eibach ARB kit.
I can say firstly i had experience of my car without the anti roll bar kit, just the fsd's and eibach springs. And to be honest, yes i had much superior ride quality, but i lost alot of the standard cars alertness and nimble steering.
Then i had the ARB kit fitted. I was not expecting miracles but OMG!!! it absolutely transformed the car. So now i had fantastic ride and better feedback in steering, and the chassis felt alive!! its absolutely made my GT. For gods sake do not leave out the ARB in the equation, its a must, it completes the setup.
Before i fitted the ARB kit i had slight catching of the wheel liner in the rear, enough to annoy, but a tiny amount of the rear wheel arch liner was trimmed in the places it caught, and now silence no catching. My car is a dream to drive, forgiving ride and with the responsiveness through chicanes and cornering down country roads etc it is unbelievable for a 2wd car. I wouldn't own a Gt without this setup. The lads at autolusso did my car. And Ned convinced me this setup was the way to go having had experience with it on his black 156 GTA. And he was so right.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Member
County: -
Fsd / eibach, how far did the car drop?
AO Member
County: Bucks

Member car:

Scenic II 1.9

As far as I can tell, with no fiddling original refined setup, it keeps dropping...i.e. it gets better 10cm to start at back, little less at front, after a while it settles well.
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6 orange

I shall be contacting ned now

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

eibach , koni , mod , suspension