Temperature? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 17-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Nordrhein-Westfalen

Member car:

'01 156sw 1.8 ts

I replaced my thermostat recently. The new one opens properly - lets the motor heat up first, but the car still runs cool compared to before (around 70 to 75 when not creeping in traffic), and I notice a slight loss on fuel efficiency compared to when the last thermo went out. Here is the link on the aftermarket part I bought. Anyone know this brand? I know that the temp gauge is not to be relied upon, but since the car ran at 90 before I don't want to spend the money to have the car plugged in at the shop and find out what I already know. And, well, the thermo works well enough that I hate to face the hassle of trying to return it and installing another, although I found the job pretty easy.

Options? It's wintertime here in Germany. What about placing some cardboard on the surface of the radiator, like trucks used to do? Sounds bad, I know.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

dont block rad off thermostat is there to keep engine at normal operating temp ......block rad and youll cook your motor expensive

use this guide to assertain when thermostat opens and check gauge ......youll find it maybe your gauge is reading low or sender is faulty or faulty connection

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT