GT Windscreen washer question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands
GT Windscreen washer question

Hey all,

Bit of a random question but I think there is a problem with my windscreen stalk/switch for the washer jets....

Initially I couldn't get the jets to work (everything else i.e the wipers work fine) even though I was holding the stalk in jet position fairly firmly nothing happened. It turns out I have to pull the stalk even more firmly - pretty hard in fact!

I'm left wondering if it is normal for the GT? I concerned if I pull any more firmly by accident the stalk could break!

May ask W.A.D to check it out as I'm planning on getting them to service the car next month, I'm still in my warranty period as I only bought the GT 3 weeks ago but the dealer says it is fine as it is and would not be able to do anything on the warranty supplied as the jets do 'work' at the moment

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Newport

Member car:

147 selespeed

should just pull and work with ease,you shouldnt have to exert to much pressure so iwould get them to have a look but may need a new stalk
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 15-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Thanks, I thought/knew that would be the case and that it didn't feel right! Needed it confirming though...

A little annoyed as I left the car with the dealer for a day, so that this could be resolved - but they have come back and said that because the jets do actually work there was nothing that needed to be done. However, I've got to go back to the dealer for something else later this week and I'll mention that i'm not entirely comfortable with the washer situation either.

The car passed its M.O.T in Oct (before I bought it) and I'm surprised that no warning was issued for this at the least - as if you were testing this normally i.e. by applying normal force, the washers wouldn't work. I suppose this problem may have started after the M.O.T was done, but it's always been this way since I've have owned the car.

Probably sound trivial but I think it's something you take for granted and expect to work trouble free. When it doesn't it's uncomfortable.

(wish I'd tried the washers during the test drive!)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

question , washer , windscreen