HELP!Anyone near central Scotland got Cam Locks i can borrow?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 14-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Lothian
Help HELP!Anyone near central Scotland got Cam Locks i can borrow??

as per title,is there anyone near west lothian who has a set of cam locks and/or dial gauge etc i could hire to repair my two 156`s? really urgent,my dad whos a qualified mechanic is going to help me redo timing belts and i have all the relevant parts/kits,pumps but no cam locks etc,i would really be most grateful and more than willing to travel to pick up and drop them off and pay to hire them just cant find any anywhere the now even if money wasnt a consideration.
hopefully Lorna
Sponsored Links
There is an independant in East Kilbride you could ask and I know a mechanic who is bound to have a set but I have lost contact with the guy (I think he's now in Irvine). Have you tried the Trade Directory at the top of the Home Page or the Classified Ads ?

Last edited by rt05492; 14-11-11 at 21:29.
AO Member
camlocks available

I have a set of camlocks for a 1.6 147 but don't know if they fit the 156. The holes are countersuk so you can use the existing cam bolts. You can have them to keep for £20 plus post say £23 all in posted first class.
AO Silver Member
County: East Renfrewshire
According to Alfaworkshop the camlocks are the same for a 1.6 147 and a 156, unless the 147 has a 76KW engine.
AO Gold Member
The camlocks for a 1.6 engine are indeed the same for a 147 and 156, but they are different from the ones needed for 1.8/2.0 engines.....EDIT - just re-checked the first post on this subject and I see the OP's car is a 1.6........AFAIK you don't need camlocks for a 16v diesel, as the timing on these is a totally different process - but I've never done one so I'm not certain.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

borrow , cam , central , helpanyone , locks , scotland