test drove a GT today
Test drove a red GT Cloverleaf Q2 (2008) 1.9 jtd today. Its on ebay and piston heads for £7800
Nice car but unsure about this particular car - comments welcome!
Things that I'm unsure about;
* Service History - Mervyn Stewart dealer stamp, and again @15K, then Auto Q @ 29K and 49K
current miles is 64K, so I think its either well overdue or incomplete? No reciepts or other evidence of servicing other than stamps in the service book.
The dealer said they would service and MoT it, but I doubt this includes a timing belt and water pump which I think is due around 60K?
* Body work - stone chips at the front of the N/S/R arch. some evidence of paint on th efront bumper near the grill. Could do with a damn good polish all over!
* All wheels have evidence of kerbing
* I reckon front tracking needs checked,steering wheel not centred and wheels need balanced - either that or wheel bearings?
* in the boot - spare wheel are - signs of mould. in the O/S/R storage area was wet - hatch seals or alignment?
* engine check light on - I guess this covers a multitude of issues?
of the above - nothing that cant be fixed, but for nearly £8K I kinda expected something mint and a worry free investment, without needing money spent or bits fixed . Am I being too picky?
Last edited by Recardo; 12-11-11 at 17:11.
Reason: more info