So folks whats best a GT v6 Q2 with mods or a 156 GTA.? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

I'll just add my opinions. As such, no-one should take offence to this, as it's just my own thought!

Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I do a fair few track days and I find the ESP system to be very intrusive.

It won't let you play on empty roundabouts either. - I had a stiffer rear arb on my old 156 which meant you could hold and balance it sideways on the throttle...
For track days, I can fully understand your desire to be able to throw the car around at-will, without the VDC cutting power. But for a street car, it's preposterous that you would wish to power slide and oversteer - it's unsafe.

Though, fair enough, you may be a seasoned track driver/race, and can handle a car nicely . But 99.99% of people think they are better than they really are. On local streets, the mix of oil, dirt and bumps makes for a far trickier mix, and I would not want to lose control and run my GT into the gutter .

It may also be different here where I live, but if caught doing such manoevres, our cars would be impounded, we would be fined, and if caught repeatedly, we face having our cars crushed! So, leave it for the track!

Originally Posted by Artermis View Post
I prefer a GTA - they feel more special.

a GT 3.2 is just a GT with a big engine, a GTA is a much different car to the standard models, make you feel that little bit more unique and special.
Originally Posted by Mymatemarmite View Post
A mate of mine has a phase 3 3.2 GTV.....which looks just like any other phase 3 GTV, despite the fact that the 3.2 sold in very low numbers in the UK. It's a rare model but you would never guess it, and that 'lack' of appreciated exclusivity is reflected in their low values. The GTA cars feel much more special because those in the 'know' are aware of the exclusivity of them, and those who know nothing about cars still appreciate that they look 'different' from their siblings
To a layperson, I don't think the 156GTA stands out above a normal 156 or GT.

It's a little contradictory to refer to people 'in the know' recognising a GTA, whereas they can't recognise a 3.2 Ph3 GTV!

There are considerable differences between a 3.2 GT and a 2.0 or 1.9 GT, just as there are between a standard 156 and 156GTA. Unless you're referring only to the bodykit.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2 V6

Thread revival here but I feel this is worth throwing in......The GT carries less height than a 147 / 156; so it's COG will be better.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , folks , gta , mods