Bonnet catch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-11-11 Thread Starter
County: West Dunbartonshire
Help Bonnet catch

Hi guys, thanks for the help in my previous thread. Have now ordered correct bolts for my shocks.
However I have now discovered some more issues with my Alfa.
1. I popped the bonnet yesterday as was losing power and wanted to check the spark plugs, I removed the engine cover and took of the spark plug injector rail and have noticed that one of the rubber tubes that cover that spark plugs has torn off so defo need replaced. Is there any way to buy just the rubber tube on its own or do I need to replace the whole injector rail. It's the rail that covers the PMR7A (the smaller 10mm) spark plugs?
2. When I popped the bonnet it was a bit stiff so I had to give it a bit of a tug to lift it and unfortunately when I put the bonnet down its doesn't close properly. Upon closer inspection I checked out the bonnet catch which all looks fine and the spring (though a bit rusty) is still in place, however there is another spring that is attatched to the release cable which has completely snapped which is what is causing the bonnet to not completely close. I need to know if it's possible to buy a replacement spring for this or do I need to replace the whole release cable? or worse, will I need to replace the entire bonnet catch as well as the cable and spring?
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
As in all the other threads on the bonnet catch.

Edit: I've just noticed that that is too late for yours!!
I expect you'll need a new catch and/or cable.
AO Platinum Member
Suffering with "man flu" so can't be arsed to go out and look at my bonnet catch, but I'm sure the spring you are talking about is part of the catch, not the cable.

A new catch (p/n 60695697) is about 45.
Or you can obviously get s/h.
AO Gold Member
Its been a while since I wrote that guide (and had the pleasure of cleaning the catch on the same flaming car last month after its second keeper ignored it for 5 years...) but am fairly certain the cable tension is kept by the inner multi-coil spring. the outer one with the long arms does the local direct acting secondary handle.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bonnet , bonnet open , bonnet or bumper , catch , injector , sparkplug