Key's Key's Key's - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 01-11-11 Thread Starter
County: Glasgow

Member car:

156 2.4jtd

Warning Key's Key's Key's

I Have lost my one and only key for my Alfa 156 JTD 2.4 Sportswagon 2002. It was going to cost me 360 from Alfa for a new key and reprogram plus I had to get my car to the garage .

I opted to get a second hand key with transponder the blue immobiliser box and an ECU all matching.

I was told that all I needed to do was phone Alfa with my Reg and chassis number and they will then give me a code, I could then use that code to get a blade cut for my and insert it into my new fob.

This is not the case! Alfa dealer needs to send for a key from Alfa 190

Can anyone advise me now on how to get a number to get a new blade cut? Or am I going to have to take out a lock and send it to a lock smith?
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Don't know any way to get a key cut, I'm afraid.........if you can I'd return the package you got to the seller - they should have provided the key barrel as well as the ECU and code box, then at least you could have got the car running....tho you still wouldn't be able to lock the car.......

If all else fails I've got a key/barrel/ECU/code box and a pair of matching front door locks......haven't got the tailgate lock but you can release that internally......
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 09-11-11 Thread Starter
County: Glasgow

Member car:

156 2.4jtd

Hi i am replying to my own post,

After buying a second hand ECU, Imobox and transponder, i sent away my door lock to he assured me that he could cut a key to the lock, it turns out he cut me a blade for the transponder unit and a second key that will open my car + he gave me the code incase i ever needed another key cut. the guy is a legend. sent him the door lock on the friday, had it back with the keys on the tuesday.
i hope this helps others
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

good stuff, happy ending

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT