GT Cup holder -vs- I Pod tray - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

147 GTA

Originally Posted by Swift147 View Post
Ah ha! My next project for the GT - going to give this a try this weekend. Is that one of those 5 docks from fleebay?
Nah. It was an apple iPhone 3G dock from the apple store which I lightly modified to fit.
In fact, I haven't used it since I took it out of the tray - you can have it for a fiver if you like.
To make it fit I had to sand down the base of the interior of the tray as it has little bumps on it which make the dock sit too high. Only takes a few minutes to do. I threaded the lead through the gap in the top of the travel mech but really it would be better to cut a hole in the back of the tray as occasionally the lead got caught up.
The sticky-back felt is called Fablon which you can pick up from craft or art shops. Keep any left-overs as if you need to put it back to normal this will re-line the empty tray.

147 GTA Grigio Metallico | Q2 | 330s | PF Pads & Braided Lines | KW V1 Coilovers | Eibach ARBs | Weichers Strut | CF2s | Wizard Downpipes
* Alfatune EQ downpipes for sale *
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cup , holder , pod , tray