hu dimmer wire! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help hu dimmer wire!

Hi there, this is all new to me so please bare with, i have a 147 1.6 lusso and have just replaced the hu with a sony 7500 (as its silver and lights up red, matching the dash etc) annoying i had to loose my steering wheel controls and dash display but i can live with that, but the new hu has a dimmer function so that when i switch my lights on the display dims so its not too bright (very distracting!) now i know that the standard hu did this and that there are two wires left on the cars end that are not being used, think one of them is pink and white? are one of these the correct wire to connect to my sony hu and if so, which one? or is this not possible and is a can-bus jobbie? would appreciate any help with this! cheers t
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Re: hu dimmer wire!

Hi Tom, welcome to Alfaowner.

I don't think I can help you right now but I'm sure someone will soon.

Do you have any pics of your 147 that you can show to us? That would be nice...
Re: hu dimmer wire!

hi there throttleman! i'll give it a clean and i'll take some pics in the next few days, if anybody has any idea on what all the wires connecting to the back of the head unit do then give us a shout, very much appreciated, or even a wiring diagram? cheers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dimmer , wire