Had a thought about my Gt today......... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 23-10-11 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Had a thought about my Gt today.........

As i drove back from the airport this morning after dropping my mum off. I thought to myself the Gt has to be the best all round car i have ever owned. Ok so i spent a small fortune on koni fsd's and eibach springs and eibach anti-roll bars not to mention a remap. Which all incidentally transformed the car from a very good car to an incredible car. To the fact that i am enjoying driving more than i ever have, and the ownership experience is much better than i could have ever imagined.
I'm not convinced people are aware the potential the Gt has in the chassis department!

I also respect many Gt owners will never spend money upgrading their suspension, springs and anti roll bars? especially if their GT is relatively new. It is false economy, unless your shocks etc are worn. And you have made the decision to keep the car a while then the outlay makes sense.

I do believe the Gt is a best kept secret. And i actually like that fact. What out there does it like the GT??? fuel economy, unbelievable handling and steering (when you spend a bit of hard earned on the chassis), and drop dead gorgeous looks, not to mention a cosy ergonomic designed cabin? what do GT owners go to next? and do they regret leaving Gt ownership?
I know i would have to spent alot of money to find a car to match the all round fun the Gt is giving me.

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
Mate of mine pulled up in his new (well, 12 months old) E Class Merc, and it is simply sensational, V6 3.0Diesel, simply sensational. Mind you, he paid £30K for it. Makes my GT look dated to say the least... in every aspect, but then, it should do.

I don't know what I'm trying to say here, are there other cars I'd like, of course there are, but for the money I do not think there's a better car on the road than the GT. I've had mine for just over 3 years now, it's got 85K on the clock and I still love it. I too will be shortly going down the suspension upgrade path as I intend to keep it for a long time yey.

When I've and gone into retirement in about 10 years, I'll look at something else, or maybe if the 169 looks anything like this and isn't the size of an ocean-going liner....who knows?

All the best

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

thought , today