Had a new battery but still got VDC and ABS system failier lights still, Help. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 22-10-11 Thread Starter
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

alfa romeo 147

Had a new battery but still got VDC and ABS system failier lights still, Help.

I've had warning lights comeing on for weeks now (vdc,abs, and number plate light) had a new battery this morning but when i got to first junction and braked they all came on again. the car seems to drive fine but its getting a bit much now cus i don't know if the brakes will just pack up, can anyone help its starting to get a bit scary. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

156 JTD 2.4 20V

You need to get the codes read to work out where the problem is. You have a fault with the car and its needs fixing. It may only be minor but its almost impossible to diagnose 'over the internet'. You have done the sensible thing in changing the battery as faulty batteries do cause multiple errors. However, trying to fix faults by throwing parts at the car is going to work out expensive very soon!

AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

alfa 147

record what the codes are, then try getting the faults cleared. if after that they still appear then you know there is an issue. it happened to me so i changed the battery then i bought the fiat scan kit with all the leads checked the codes then cleared them. so far (6 months on) i have had no issues.
AO Member
County: Limerick

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDm ti

I saw this happen on a 156 before, abs ebd and VDC errors were flashing up and a diagnostic cable would not connect to the ECU, turned out to be a dodgy connection on the engine ECU, removing and reseating the ecu connectors sorted it out, the connector was still a bit loose, it had to be forced to one side to get the car to start, a cable tie on the connector kept it to one side and the car is going fine since.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

abs , battery , failier , lights , system , vdc