Team Dynamic wheels & the tale of woe.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 30-11-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.4 JTD

Team Dynamic wheels & the tale of woe....

Bought some TD Pro Race 1 wheels (17 by 7) about a year ago and over the summer I noticed that the dark silver finish had started to peel off in the middle of the spokes (so not kerb damage) so I rang TD to get it sorted which they agreed to without even seeing a photo of the problem (IMO I think this could be a common problem with this dark silver as the general finish of the wheel looks like orange peel / hammerite).
After phoning them about a dozen times over a period of a couple of months, the wheel eventually arrived.

As I've been waiting to get some new tyres I plan to get the wheel swapped over and 2 new Eagle F1 GSD3s tyres fitted at the same time.

Tyre mechanic puts the new tyre on the new rim and notices that the wheel is a bit wobbly on the hub and asks if the wheel is meant to be fitted with a spacer. I say no as all the other wheels are fine. The guy continues to fit the wheel but is getting some problems tightening the bolts. He takes the wheel off again and says that 2 of the bolts have been stripped of their thread which is because they are not long enough (only about 6 or 7 mm was gripping the hub!!). He then look at the wheel and compares to the original one with the paint damage. The size of the hole for the hub on the new one is massive compared to the old one and the wheel is a different shade of silver and felt heavier too (weighed it and was .5KG heavier)

Luckily the bolts had stripped in the tyre fitting place rather than when driving around on a wheel which wasn't supported by the hub but only by 5 bolts that were too short.

When I got home I fitted 2 new bolts that I had taken off to fit locking bolts when I then noticed they had fitted the wrong tyres AAAAGGGHHHH.

The Warranty Officer @ TD will be calling me tomorrow - he better have some good execuses and a load of money as compensation.

Another update to follow.....

Kristian (156 2.4JTD 140BHP)
On my 2nd Amazon Green

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dynamic , tale , team , wheels , woe