Tried and Tested 156 HID kits - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 17-10-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
Tried and Tested 156 HID kits

Ive already asked this question at the end of another thread but though it warranted its own one to make it easier for people in the same situation. Im going to fit an HID kit to my pre facelift 156 and despite reading all the threads and other forums such as pistonheads, i am finding it hard to chose which kit to go for. There are so many and so many variants H7R, H7C, Canbus safe etc etc.

So my question is - which HID kit did you fit and are you happy with it, links to the site appreciated?

Heres the two replys I got when I asked it the first time.

Hazz 37 - Regardless of what make you go for, get the H7C bulbs, they are shorter and keep your beam pattern on a 156.
I went for SUMEX as I bought locally with a year warranty, no probs and a big difference.

PJ3074 - I am having these fitted on 31st with some new GTA headlights to my 2001 156.

The "Inde" I use has fitted these before and they come with a 2yr warranty.

PS. 6000K is more towards the blue tint. I was advised to keep towards the white tint and ordered 4300K - you could go 5000K - see the link for the differences

Thank everyone

PS as the title suggest perhaps only working kits would be worth posting unless you have a horror story of sets to avoid. I read on one thread that one kit doesnt work below 0c and gets worse as you get closer to that temperature....
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire
Unless youve bought GTA headlights with projection headlights I wouldn't fit them.

The beam cut off for the 156 is appalling and you'll be constantly being flashed by dazzled on comers.

Ive had a set for a few years but would never fit them into a standard reflector headlamp. Im fitting valeo projectors first which have a perfect beam pattern/cut off.
AO Silver Member
County: East Renfrewshire
Matt, where did you het the projectors from

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , hid , kits , tested