Fog Light Problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-11-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Cry Like A Baby Fog Light Problem

My Fog lights don't work properly

I rarely put them on, but now the weather here in the UK is starting to get miserable I thought it time to check all the lights. I discovered that my offside front fog wasn't working.

So yesterday after alot of swearing (and laughing from the girlfriend) I gave up trying to get my fat hands into the small gap that serves as an acess to the bulb and resorted to simply making sure that the connectors were on correctly ans making good contact. This seemed to work, only it had an adverse effect on the nearside fog which then decided it wasn't going to work. More swearing and a burnt finger later I had both lamps working correctly and at the same time.

Today after driving home I decided the low light conditions were the idea time to check that the fogs were still performing as required. So imagine my frustration when I find that the offside fog has decided not to work again!

It would appear to be some sort of poor connection somewhere in the Fog lamp electrical circuit, but before I hand over my car to the work-experience boy at my Alfa dealer, does anybody else have this problem or come across it, and what is the fix?

Any suggestions appreciated (apart from the ones that say "don't use the fog lights" )

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: Fog Light Problem

Er, desist from illuminating your lower auxilliary lighting?
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Re: Fog Light Problem

It sounds like a simple connection problem if you`ve already managed to fix them once. I would suggest going to a local garage as it will be cheaper and the work experience lad possibly a faster and cheaper worker! You don`t beed Alfa rates for a simple wiring check.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fog , light , problem