Quad exhaust on Alfa GT Cloverleaf JTD - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-10-11 Thread Starter
County: Caerphilly
Quad exhaust on Alfa GT Cloverleaf JTD

Hi guys,

Im new on this site and was just looking for a bit of advice. Ive recently bought a 2008 Alfa GT Cloverleaf JTD and I now want to fit a quad exhaust on it, Ive seen a few GT's with this and i think it looks great. Ive been to my local garage who said the only problem they can see it the spare wheel bay in the boot which means there is not enough room for a second backbox on the other side (the side where the tow hook is). The guy in the garage said if i really wanted it done i could take some of the spare wheel bay away, with a plasma cutter I'm presuming? and then there would be room for the second backbox. I know it would be a risk not having a spare wheel but I dont do many long distance trips anyway.

I was just wondering if any of you have had similar problems when trying to fit a new exhaust, and if so how did you overcome it? Any advice would be very much appreciated
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset
goto a longlife exhaust place if its possible they will be able to do it, they even managed to hide my back box and did what i asked (longlife Bristol)
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 07-10-11 Thread Starter
County: Caerphilly
Thanks for the response. Just phoned Longlife in Bristol and they said they would be able to do it no problem, without altering the spare wheel bay at all. Thats strange considering it was actually Longlife in Caerphilly I visited in the first place who said it couldnt be done!

Cheers mate, top man

Last edited by JoshGT; 07-10-11 at 18:01.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
The solution is to fit a backbox in the usual place and have a pipe running horizontally across the back of the car to another pair of exits. The only problem is that the bumper isn't really deep enough to completely hide that horizontal pipe.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , cloverleaf , exhaust , jtd , quad