Cheapo tyres and Kwik Fit - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 26-09-11 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Suffolk
Cheapo tyres and Kwik Fit

I bought a 05 plate 147 JTDM Lusso last week. On the whole I'm really happy with it. I noticed when I bought it it had ditchfinders on (Infinity 040 - standard size 205/55/16) but figured as I do 30k miles a year they'd wear out soon enough.

After driving in the wet today for the first time I've ordered new tyres for Friday. They were LETHAL. I took things cautiously and it still understeered all over the place and lit up the traction control light at the slightest provocation. Going round one long constant radius dual carriageway curve near me that in my younger days I've been round at three figure speeds in the dry the steering was going light at about 60.

Anyway the good news is Kwik Fit, who I'm normally steer well clear of are doing Bridgestone ER300 (a very good tyre I've had before) for 75 each and mobile fitting for only 20 so I don't have to muck about getting the car to a tyre place in working hours. 4 new top quality boots for just over 300 seems like pretty decent value - we'll see what the customer experience is like.

If anyone wants a set of nearly new tyres for an MOT pass or your selling the car and you can collect from Suffolk - PM me!

Stuart - (Sorry for the rant )
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0 T-Spark

I've had good experiences with tyres from kwik fit, found them very reasonable at times especially if they have any offers on.

What I would not let them do is service your car. They wrecked my sump and refused to sort it, they didn't change the filters they were supposed to be doing either, all in all a very bad and costly experience.
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Be careful how they jack up your car. I am not saying other fitters won't do the same, but someone ended up with a dented floorpan from their trolley jack .

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cheapo , fit , kwik , tyres