water problem,radiator,leak - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-09-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 VELOCE 2.0

Help water problem,radiator,leak

Can anyone help i had a water leak and could not find it put it in to garage said they fixed it and pressure tested they didnt so took it elswhere he said it was radiator got it changed still a leak then he said its prob the cylinder head got that changed got the belt changed to then the car ran ok for about 3 weeks until i took it on a longer journey about an hour down the road water emptied out the engine after phoning aa and geting home i can see water ****ing out the new radiator i have spent a fortune on this the pipes are solid when engine running and lots pressure in the system the car is a 54 plate and only done 42000 miles any ideas guys?

thanks in advance Gary
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Tipperary
Looks like you have a problem with either sensors or thermostat etc. If the system gets too hot then water will leak out. It may not obviously boil but is too hot alot of the time and it doesn't register internally. However My Wife's 145 leaked water at times for no reason even after she got a new engine. After checking everything the only thing that fixed it was "stop Leak" additive to the water. Try it it could be the solution you need?
My advice for now. Check the thermostat, the tempreture sensor and then if okay put in additive..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cylinderhead , leak , problem , radiator , radiators , water , waterpump