Alfa Warranty - urgent question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Alfa Warranty - urgent question

I have a 147 2.O T.S.. i still have 1.5 years left in my warranty..

I have just serviced my car. it should have happned on 24k miles, but it was serviced on 25,500... will this void my Warranty.. i hope not, please let me know.. any adivce on how to approch Alfa as I have a problem that needs fixing

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Re: Alfa Warranty - urgent question

How long was it since the last service?
If it's more than 13 months, they might not be very impressed, but then again they might not fuss unless it's something like an engine related issue which is caused as a direct result of mistreatment.
AO Member

I'd take it to the dealer and explain the warranty work that needs doing and let them tell you otherwise. If it's under manufacturer's warranty (looks like it is) then they claim the cost back from AR. I know someone who had car serviced by an independent dealer but warranty work carried out by AR dealer FOC.
AO Silver Member

Strictly speaking you get 1000miles or 30 days grace on a service interval, I've been over this as when I phoned the dealer they couldn't get me a courtesy car for two weeks and I ended up doing over 1300 miles in the time between booking it and taking her in.. I never had any problems with the warranty after that though, but I was using main dealer servicing rather than just "approved" service centres.

From the sounds of things you are in this position, and there is nothing you can do about it what I'd do is take the car into the dealer, and not even mention the potential warranty issue, relying on the ineptness of the dealer I would assume they wouldn't check and then even if they did since you have serviced it in a resonable time they may choose to ignore it.

If they do work "under warranty" and then realise you don't have one - it's their problem, if they do pick up on it that a discussion to have at that point.

Alfa V6 - the ultimate aural pleasure
Simes - the Alfaowner formerly known as Alfa156man
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

Back to the recall issue.........

My car is German import. Should I receive a recall notice (or is it UK cars only), or do I need to contact an Alfa Dealer?

Do they get details of owners from DVLA? If so I presume that mine should be picked up.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Silver GT 3.2 V6

Ignore the above, posted on the wrong thread in error!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , question , urgent , warranty