Electrical fault If you can! advice me PLS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 12-09-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

147 jtd

Electrical fault If you can! advice me PLS

Hi! people. Could you please tell me what could be the problem of my beauty? it looks very similar to this Alfa Romeo 147 - Electrical Issues - YouTube
Except that my dash it's completely dark miles don't count towards and when I press the brake the engine cut's out same with the reverse.

The lights of the brakes don't come on anymore :-(

I just become a daddy of my first baby and all the money went to build her little bedroom and my MOT it's due in november

It all happened 2 months ago when I left the car at Gatwick for 2 weeks ( prefered to give birth in Italy) When I comeback the car failed to start ( I thought of a battery) then started and randomly the issue was coming and going.

I have messaged the guy who made that clip on youtube but he has not responded me yet. :-(

Where shall I start looking?

I got lot's of tools and I got the OBD cable too `

So far I have been driving only braking with the handbrake and touching the brakes only when I have to (driving only off peak). But the engine cuts and it takes 6 8 try before it starts again (like the immo would stop reading the RF ID from the key for few seconds).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

advice , electrical , fault , pls