I've bought 2 bearings of the correct OD and pressed them in with a spacer between them. The ID isn't the same as the original so I've changed the original bolt for an engineered shoulder bolt (this is better than the original in my opinion). I'm lucky in that I have access to machine tools. I've bored out the original pivot bushes and replaced with new. Then I made a new pivot pin (the original is made of very corrosive cheese!!) with a better grade steel.
The only bit that isn't ideal is the back to back bearings. If I could source the original bearing I would be a lot happier.
Also I reused the spring. Also not ideal.
Last edited by fishy-steve; 08-09-11 at 19:48.
Reason: Adding more info.