Originally Posted by pewter grey
The radio controls on the steering wheel of my 03 2.0 147 are pretty worn, and I have acquired a new set pretty cheaply. The old ones prize out of the steering wheel easily, however the wire running off them plugs in somewhere within the steering wheel, behind the horn/airbag.
New ones will click in to steering wheel no problem, but I am unable to plug them in or unplug old ones, due to no access to actual point it plugs in. Obviously I'm very reluctant to mess with airbag, and was just hoping to unclip old ones and replace with new ones. Alas, Alfa's have never been straightforward.
Has anyone else ever replaced theirs ? or any constructive thoughts please ?
I am not being funny, but worn buttons on an 03 model?? It's new....whats going on?? How many miles has it done? My 147 is an 03 model and I have got no problems with my buttons at all, maybe you have very saltry hands or something
. On driving several 147's brand new as a coutesy car, I have noticed that many seem to have buttons which do not work as they should. For example, you have to push them very hard to get them to work, or at a certain angle, or if you hold down the volume to turn it up, it stops before you release it....strange
On the note of the keycode for the stereo though, I disconnected the whole wiring loom and battery when I worked on fitting my towbar last year and when I reconnected it, I did not have to enter a code at all, even when it had been off for about 3-4 hours!! I don't think I even posses a code.
Incidentaly, a little off topic, but when I disconnected the loom below the steering wheel, I turned the car over (not literally
) and nothing.....immobilsher stopped me from firing the car up! Boy did I panic the car was only 2 weeks old and I thought I'd void the warrenty and have to get the car towed to the garage. However, as I am a computer techie, I sat down, had a cup of tea and thought about it logically! - there had to be a delay of the immobilser to allow me to fire up the car, otherwise, it would be a target for theives to disconnect this loom and 'hot wire' it. Sure enough, after 30 minutes hey presto...worked
. I just thought I'd share that with you all in case anyone tampers with this loom in question.