Gt jts 2004 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT 1.9JTD 2005

Gt jts 2004

Hi folks need some advice here, i recently bought a GT JTS from a dealer, done the usual and all seemed well however after paying the 5000 and setting off home with my purchase in the torrential rain 20 mins after leaving the garage it crawled to a stop on the hard shoulder with an audible alarm and the dashboard warning light illuminating with the fault as"MOTOR CONTROL SYSTEM FAILURE could someone pls advise me as to what this means and if its an expensive fix as i am in a legal battle with the garage to get my money back but its not looking good on my part ?? many thnx guys all advice greatfully received as always..... Regards Mark
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT JTDm

The only thing you can do is to have the code read and find out what is going on.

I remember that a friend's wife who had a Hyundai Coupe picked up a fault code in rain and, after having it rest, the engine management light never came on again.

Modern cars are pretty sensitive and you cannot rule out a bit of dirt or water on one of the sensors. Similarly, something major could be going on.

Take the car to a reputable place and have a diagnostic done - without the code, diagnosis is very difficult.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

2004 , jts