XENON lights for Alfa 147 2.0 TS??????? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 26-08-11 Thread Starter
County: New South Wales
Help XENON lights for Alfa 147 2.0 TS???????

ello ello,

so I've just bought a 147 2.0 TS, and I'm thinking of putting in some Xenon headlights. Has anyone done this? Can anyone recommend any particulars? I found this guy selling them on ebay but I haven't been able to rustle up much feedback from any forums.....

Are they easy to fit? Will it affect any of my original parts? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Ignore the fact that that links says "Alfa 147" on it, it is a generic kit like all the others and even says to state which bulb type you need!

If the 147 has caps over the tip of the bulbs in the headlight, look for H7C HIDs, they are shorter and fit under the caps with no issues.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
What david said
AO Silver Member
County: East Renfrewshire
I have had Sumex HID's for years now, if you can get them, u should have no probs.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 29-08-11 Thread Starter
Wow, thanks for the quick feedback guys, unreal. I'll be using this forum alot more I think.

So I think I'll go with the H7C's, as suggested. 6000k & 8000k seem to be the most common choice. Below is the link to the one I'm looking at. He is asking for size application and temperature, now I know nothing about lights but I'm guessing if I request H7C 800k bulbs that should be it right, or am I missing something??

The only thing that's worrying me is this disclaimer on his page, it sounds pretty fishy:

Some cars, such as Porsche, BMW, BENZ, AUDI, VOLV0, Lexus and so on have car computer system. If you refit car original lamps, its computer will recognize change, and give you some warning information: showing that your lamps have some problems; flickering; flashing; twinkling; interference (radio) and warning. Some cars like VW, Mazda even have these problems. We need to install warning cancellers to eliminate the problems. Our kits do not come with warning cancellers and if your car requires these, an extra payment will be required. Please contact us for the price. This phenomenon is not our product's problem.

This is the guy...

If anyone can recommend an online shop I'm more than happy to pay for shipment to Australia! Too many clowns out there trying to rip people off.

(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 29-08-11 Thread Starter
Hazz37, thanks for the suggestion mate. I checked their site and couldn't find H7C's?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , lights , xenon , xenon or hid