Electric seat wiring on a 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Wiltshire
Electric seat wiring on a 156

Hi All

I'm trying to swap my leather out for the (I think Recaro) Cloth with the electrical back tilt.

The donor car is the same year as mine and has the electrical wiring for the seats, but mine does not. Is it hidden away somewhere or do some cars just not have it?

We have taken the carpet up on the passenger side for now but couldn't see any wiring anywhere.

Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
I did the reverse (cloth Recaros for leather) and stuffed the electric backrest adjustment wire in the gap in the carpet where it emerged from. I'm fairly sure cars without this option did not have the wires fitted but will have a look if I get time (car back from water pump change tomorrow night but going to new owner I think on Saturday lunchtime unless I can persuade the buyer to back out).

If I can suss out where the wires join the loom I can probably cut the connectors out and pass them on, but you'll probably need to extend them and cut into the loom somewhere.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , electric , seat , wiring