Silence is Golden!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Thumbs Up Silence is Golden!!!

I don't know if anyone else has suffered this issue or maybe it's just the size of my backside ???

A horrible squeaky, rub & rattle coming from the front seat belt clips when driving along... It's so bloody annoying...
It makes an otherwise silent and comfortable car (when you want it to be that is) ... Well , Awful!.

I originally thought I had a fault with my clips on my first 156 that I owned, but noticed over the years all of mine have done it

Now the fix: And ... its Sooooo simple.

Buy some cheap black wrist type sweat bands... I got some from my local sport shop for £2.00!
Slip them over the clip and presto.... No more rubbing and squeaking against the leather, only pure peace...

Now I know how good these V6's actually sound.. Now that back ground track has been removed

As an M.O.T. Inspector I can asure you that once slpped over the seat belt clip receiver it DOES NOT interfere with the seat belt operation in any way or move about, so enjoy the peace an quiet!

Last edited by Grahameo; 13-08-11 at 06:49. Reason: forgot the important bit!
Sponsored Links
never had that problem but if i do at least i know how to fix it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

golden , silence