What's that plastic cover on the bottom of Selespeed solenoid? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 06-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Russian Federation
County: Moscow
Posts: 20
Crazed What's that plastic cover on the bottom of Selespeed solenoid?

Hi everyone!

I've been coupling with the Sele actuator on my 156 2.0 - with its solenoid valves, particularily. It seems that the clutch one needs to be replaced, according to FES logs (pressure stays ok when engine stopped, then with engine running, the pump restores pressure each 7-8 sec).

And while I was replacing my valve with another (pitily, also not new), I've noticed a strange plastic cap on the bottom of the valve. I understand that it most possibly is just a cap, but a cavity on it - doesn't it serve to calibrate the "idle" position of the valve?

I'm asking because, say, on VW Golf II, where a very similar valve controls additional air quantity, the axe of the valve can be adjusted with small hex key so that in idle position the valve would be most precisely closed. It would be logical to make such a wear compensation on Sele valves, though I realise that Alfas have completely nothing to do with any logic.
andrew_tj is offline  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bottom , cover , plastic , selespeed , solenoid

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome