Fulda Tyres for GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa GT Q2

Help Fulda Tyres for GT

Am thinking about some Fulda sport control tyres for my GT Q2 (225 40 18). Anybody any experience of these?
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1019
County: West Midlands
No but Fulda are a tyre I've wanted to try. I believe that they are owned by Good Year - so that's not a bad sign. Be aware though: Alfa handbook says Michelin and Pirelli I believe!!
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Have used Fuldas before on a lower powered car but were excellent value and never came unstuck even when giving them some stick.

Indeed, I believe Fulda are part of the Goodyear stable; they will be compounds / tread patterns from 3 / 4 years ago, so if a tyre was fine then from Goodyear then should be fine. I did have a list of main / budget brand stables but can't find it at the moment.

I do wonder whether this "we recommend" has any credence - sure, the car manufacturer will have tested various tyres but ultimately they will buy from the manufacturer they can get the best deal from and will therefore promote as such; just imagine 2 / 3 years down the line, another manufacturer may produce a better tyre to give even better traction but the handbook still says Michelin or Pirelli; just a thought.

AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
They may "recommend" a brand, but that doesn't mean they fit them. The 156 came on Firestones (pants!) and the MiTo is on Bridgestones.

Personally I go for Dunlop SP Sport MAXX now in the 156.
AO Member
County: Kent
Here's a list of some tyres and their manufacturers:-

Michelin - France
Worlds number one tyre manufacturer. Own the brands Michelin, BF Goodrich, Kleber, Uniroyal* and Riken.

Bridgestone - Japan
One of the original big three. Own the brands Bridgestone, Firestone, Daytona and Europa.

Goodyear Dunlop - USA
Goodyear recently merged with Dunlop to form one of the largest tyre manufacturers in the world. Own the brands Dunlop, Goodyear, Fulda, Falken and Kelly.

Yokohama - Japanese
A brand in themselves, Yokohama claim to be the 7th biggest manufacturer in the world.

Pirelli - Italy
Pirelli claim to be the 5th largest tyre manufacturer in the world. Most of it's retail is through the Pirelli brand but have more recently released the Ceat and Courier brands.

Cooper Tyre - USA
Cooper recently bought the Avon brand. They now own Cooper, Avon and Mastercraft.

Continental - Germany
Owns Continental, Uniroyal*, General Tyre, Gislaved and Semperit.

Toyo - Japan
Toyo are one of the newer budget performance tyres to market. Formed many partnerships around the globe.

Kumho - Korea
Kumho is also a budget road tyre with a strong sporting range.

Vredestein - Netherlands

* To add to confusion Uniroyal is Continental owned in Europe and Michelin owned in USA
(Post Link) post #6 of 11 Old 04-08-11 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa GT Q2

Thanks guys, my other thought was the Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2. Little bit more pricey but maybe worth the extra? Some good reviews on-line.
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
I've got Bridgestone RE050 all round on my GT, need a new tyre for the MOT and the cheapest I can find is a gnat's under 130 from Black Circles.

Quite a lot more that the last year, had no trouble finding any number of outlets >110. I do getting on for 20K miles a year so I've had around 25 out of this set. Still plenty on the rears and one of the fronts is ok for a few months yet, the other has gone on the inside edge....as they always seem to do.

The car ownership game is getting finacially out of hand, this month...

TAX = 165
MOT = 50
TYRE = 130
84K Service = 200(ish)

..and that's assuming nothing else is required for the MOT. I'm a one man cure for the economic crisis.

All the best

(Post Link) post #8 of 11 Old 19-08-11 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa GT Q2

Fulda's weren't available after all so forked out and got goodyears (Eagle f1 asymetric 2) very impressed so far.
AO Member

Member car:

2.0 GT

the Fulda sport control might well be a re make of the goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 1. from what i've read. I might try them next.
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Bit of an old thread

Fuldas are good tyres, however it is wrong to automatically assume that because the parent company is a large manufacturer that the tyres will be any good.

Sava tyres are also part of the Goodyear group, as are Debica. I have had the misfortune to use both brands of tyre, and they are both pretty awful.
AO Member
County: -
I had fuldas on the Scooby and they handled the 253BHP no probs ;0

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fulda , tyres