Odd Key Fob Behaviour? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

Alfa 156

Odd Key Fob Behaviour?

Hi All

Recently my battery died but when it was flat the alarm seemed to behave oddly. Didn't take too much notice but have brand new battery now.

This morning I tried to open the car with the fob but nothing happened, I noticed that the Red light was staying on even though I wasn't pressing the button. I tried my spare key and the same thing happened but now I could get it to disarm.

After a day the alarm/car was working OK again, but every so often the Red light stays on, sometimes I have to press it again to turn it off! Once I've done that the next press(es) has the light fluttering only when the button is pressed.

The light is on and bright and stays on and bright - changed the Fob battery but the same thing happens.

Questions: - Does this happen to anyone else? Is this normal behaviour? Is it a fault? Does the constant light mean anything?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

156 Veloce

Yeah mine did that last week, kept locking and unlocking the doors and boot and set the alarm off while I was in the car, sometimes it'll unlock the boot when I press the doors button too and sometimes I have to wave the fob around somewhere near the rear OS light cluster to get the car to 'hear' it. If I take the battery out and re-fit it it generally tends to behave itself for a few weeks and then it plays up again. I just put it down to the Alfa gremlins. One thing I did do when the light was flashing and staying on was to just slightly prize the fob apart and it started behaving itself.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

behaviour , fob , key , odd