MY 1700mile GT 7 day continental experience - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-07-11 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

MY 1700mile GT 7 day continental experience

Hi guys just got back after a rather long educating holiday ride out in my GT. For the most part smiles for miles! with 2 heart stopping moments. Ive driven many cars over to the south of france but the GT was one of the best experiences! you dont feel the miles go by, and is such a nice car to be in. And the attention it got over there was amazing!! saw quite a few out there, and a few italian GT's, they look so good with italian plates!!

Sorted out the rear koni fsd/eibach rub headache by taking out the spare wheel and all the boot cover trim cover. yes it still slightly catches but not as much. Really enjoyed driving my all time fav bit of twisty mountain road, in between cannes and st raphael!! awesome!

My first scary moment today was on the autoroute south of paris!! my cv boot let go covering the drivers side alloy with thick grease. After consulting the alfa oracle, Ned at autolusso, to make sure it was safe enough to continue, on i went.

Second scary moment came just before boarding the ferry at calais, a crack noise, and the clutch pedal flew to the floor! Probably the worst moment to let go! was told i had 20 minutes to move my car before it had to be removed. So managed to route around the car to find a make shift clutch pin!! ended up using a peg spring snapped it in 2 and wrapped it round through and round the end.!!! just made it on behind the trucks before the door shut!!! i think everyone saw me trying to fix my car! not a good advert for alfa romeo!!

Anyhow enjoying a well earned cup of tea at home. And i still love my Gt more than ever. Thats alfa amore!!

"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

Eibach pro S coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Durham
I carry a couple of R clips in the car just for the clutch problem which has happen twice to me,once with the new 'updated' clip too...
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
Sounds a fantastic trip. Can you imagine anybody having so much fun in a BMW or Audi. No way

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

1700mile , continental , day , experience