156 v6 pressure in the cooling sytem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 27-07-11 Thread Starter
County: -
Warning 156 v6 pressure in the cooling sytem

hi there.

i'v owned my alfa 156 v6 1998 for nearly a year now and damb its bin gd up till now!

i'v noticed some worrying sighns, i have oil in the expansion tank firstly making me think the big HG. but this morning i started her up and noticed water leaking from under the drivers side of the engine.

having stuck my hand under i felt a spray of water coming from under there, then lifted the bonnet to discover 2 clips had come undone, one holding a rubber tube to the expansion tank and the other holding a coolent tube connected to the engine.

having attached 2 new jubilee clips to stop the leak there i thort all was well, until i drove a couple of miles to work i got out the car and bang!, steam coming from the engine, lifted the bonnet and the pressure had got so great it ripped a 2 inch gash thru a large rubber tube near the engine. what was all that bak pressure?

iv also noticed if reving at high revs as soon as you let of she cofs out a ring of white smoke, take of the oil cap and theres a hint of yellow milkshake phomey stuff there, a m8 of mine is in the middle of a engine change so if im going in direction of head gasket il follow suit at 127000 adm haha!

she starts with know trouble atal and ticks over lovely, hmmmm.

if now coolent leaks the engine doas not overheat, bt this is worying for me if any1 could help???

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , cooling , pressure , sytem