2003 147 rear seat belt *fixed*
As i'm new and have already asked a few questions i thought I would give a bit back!
Nearside rear seat belt was totally jammed when I bought the car last week (sold as seen) tried feeding it back in but it just kept eating more seatbelt.
Eventually decided to take the whole thing apart and discovered the mechanisim was jammed inside the belt reel. I've taken a couple of photos which I will try and upload but here is a basic how to:
1. Pull up rear bench seat
2. Remove black plastic cover from bolt and remove bolt securing bottom of belt to car chassis. This was REALLY tight so use a socket.
3. Remove black plastic trim from boot area where seat belt reel is recessed behind, 3 x phillips head screws 2 in boot 1 under passenger window.
4. Feed belt through black trim completely removing trim.
5. Remove bolt on upright in boot area holding seat belt reel onto body
6. Pull out seat belt reel
7. Remove white plastic cover from side of reel to reveal internal cogs and white plastic lever which locks into metal cog.
8. Pull back white lever from cog which should then release seat belt.
I then bent the white lever a little bit to prevent it jamming again, the lever appears to be a pre tensioner? Anyway I put it all back together after a bit of WD40 here and there and its been working a treat ever since.
Took 25 mins and I have NO mechanical skills at all!
I will post the couple of photos I have of the mechanisim exposed when I get home.