!47 New owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 22-07-11 Thread Starter
County: Hampshire

Member car:

Alfa 147 JTDM

!47 New owner

I have just become the very happy owner of a 147 JTDM. Loving its character, the quiet engine (for a diesel), the interior and the economy. But despite the light coming on as the manual says it should, I cannot get the cruise control to work. I can switch it on, but when I press the '+' button for more than 3 seconds as the manual tells me to do, nothing happens.

Anyone heard of this before, or any ideas. Funny that despit the aircon not working (main air con pipe to be replaced under warranty), and this problem with the cruise - I still love the car.

My first Alfa and my first post.

Any thoughts welcome

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT JTDm

Congrats on your purchase.

I think the cruise works in the same way as on a GT. First of all, what sort of speed are you doing when engaging. It will only work when you are doing 30/40 in 3rd or 4th, or faster of course. Sorry if that is patronising and you already know that!!!

If the above does not work, there is a white switch inside a box behind the clutch pedal that regulates the cruise control. Once you have it engaged, you depress the clutch slightly and this switch disengages it, unless you brake or turn it off at the stalk that is.

Anyway, the switch can get stuck. Please have a look at post number 20 for the "correct" answer on this link:

Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1210
County: Cheshire
Same as mine, some cursing and twisting about under the dash cured it If the clutch pedal is released too quickly, it dislodges the switch and you get no cruise control. Well worth doing and the cheapest fix you will ever do on a 147!
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 23-07-11 Thread Starter
County: Hampshire

Member car:

Alfa 147 JTDM

Thanks so much folks. Fixed it today and it worked like a dream. Now just the air con sorted and I can really enjoy the car. Many many thanks once again...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT