147 Motor control system fault with selepeed fault - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 21-07-11 Thread Starter
County: New South Wales
147 Motor control system fault with selepeed fault

Hi Guys this is my first post hope it helps. My wifes 147 selespeed was having motor control system fault immediately followed by selespeed fault. Tried the battery thing didnt fix the problem. I replaced the accumulator as pump was running to long. This fixed pump run time but faults kept comming. Then had a faulty solenoide that stopped me getting 5th gear and reverse. Replaced solenoide with 2nd hand one could select all gears but didnt stop the faults.
Last resort bought cable and downloaded fiat diags, this indicated acc pedal posistion fault or missing signal. This made sense as both engine and gear box need to know pedal position.
Removed pedal, 4 screws 1 connector sprayed cable connection with contact cleaner then took cover off potentiometer cover carefully and sprayed contacts.
Havent had a fault for 2 months with an average of 500kms a week.
I think its fixed if you have the 2 faults together its worth a try either clean or replace pedal easy enough to do.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , control , fault , motor , selepeed , system