Failed bulb behind fuel gauge, what type? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Failed bulb behind fuel gauge, what type?

The illumination behind my fuel gauge has died. I assume a blown bulb.

What type of bulb am I looking for? Where can I get some?
Sponsored Links
Popped in to chat to the lovely lady at Donalds Parts department in Peterborough. The dashboard bulbs are colour coded to their wattage. The orange backed ones which are 1.3w clear bulb r286 bulbs are 8.50 each plus VAT. There are 5 of them on the 3 clock cluster. Plus one red backed one for the temperature warning light on the temperature gauge. Going to try a couple of local factors first as nearly 10 each is excessive!
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire
Local factor. 50p! Job done. How can Alfa justify 8.50 for a 50p bulb, and the factor will have a decent margin! Grr!

Anyways, if you need one, the additional cost is down to the wattage. These bulbs cone in 1.2 or 1.5w as standard, I went with 1.2w. I doubt the 0.1w difference will be noticeable! If it is, swapping all 6 will cost 3

No biggie.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
I bought a pack of 10 off ebay .. and swapped them all at the same time ... as it one goes, how long before the next ?
Thinking about I should have done that, but all I did was pit the new bulb in the fuel warning light position and the remaining original bulbs in the other positions. Should look even then. If another blows I'll replace the lot. I'm somewhat of an expert at removing the whole centre console now!
AO Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

alfa romeo 156

I need to change the bulbs on my centre console too but mine have the five orange plastic things and the one red one so do the actual bulbs pull out of the plastic things as the ones I've seen online are just 'bare' bulbs?

Regards Fraser

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bulb , failed , fuel , gauge , type