The Alfa is fine.....bravo!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
The Alfa is fine.....bravo!!

Yes, the 147 is absolutely fine, it's the bl##dy Mondeo.
It's a 2.0 TDCi & there is a "pop" "pop" "pop" noise coming from the air intake behind the front grill, via the air filter box, it sounds like a noisy pump diaphram. We have changed the EGR which "a Ford Bloke " said might cure it. This worked for about 2 minutes at tick over but then it "crudded up" again and the noise came back. The noise is about half tick over speed when the car is idling, & gets faster when the engine speed is increased. When I took it in to a local garage for another job to be done the guy said it was more than likely an inlet valve that was sticking open, I find this very hard to believe because there is no loss of power & the fuel consumption is the same as always, the car has done 150K & is an 05 (130) model. I don't want to spend a load of dosh "fannying around" with the head, as I believe that new valves will kinock out the big ends & then those will have to be replaced as well.

The trouble with a lot of these technicans is they not much good at diesel engines.

Any Ideas please guys ( & ladies of course )

Throw only toilet paper at the W.C. anything other may cause a breakage to the engine. Grazie (Roma 1990)
Sponsored Links
daniel wiley
the trouble with that post is you took it to ford lol. ford technicians are crap. take it to an indi garage or even a backstreet garage and see what they say. many that i have been to will diagnose for free in the hope you will book the car in with them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , finebravo